Goal setting can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming. At this moment in time, your end goal might seem like it’s impossible to reach – but it’s important not to let that get to you.
The trick to achieving your ultimate dream goal is to split it up into smaller, manageable goals.
With your end goal in mind, break it down into small realistic steps. Maybe your ultimate goal is to travel the world doing freelance web design work, but you haven’t quite broken into the industry yet.
Start by establishing the major milestones that need to be checked off along the way and then work towards those, one at a time.
1. Get the skills – start with the qualification in your field of interest
2. Find a job in the industry and gain some experience
3. Break into freelance work and establish some credibility
4. Buy a one-way ticket to the Bahamas
Each step undoubtedly requires a serious amount of time and effort, but your goals are starting to look much more achievable. And that’s where the careful planning comes in.
Plan carefully, and in advance
For each of your individual goals, set yourself a realistic timeline along with at least 3 actions you will do every day to get yourself closer to achieving that goal.
– Spend the first half hour of each day writing a to-do list and planning the day’s activities. The work ahead of you won’t seem so terrible and you’ll feel much more organised.
– Start with the items you least want to do. Then you can look forward to the less challenging tasks later on.
– Make sure to book time in your calendar for brainstorming and creative thinking. You’ll be much better placed to jump into action after you’ve had a chance to think about it.
– Didn’t manage to complete something? Put it straight into your calendar to make sure it gets done eventually.
For some extra motivation and structure for your goals, download our eBook with built in goal planner. The rest is up to you.